Monday, June 28, 2010

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have taken some time off the last week or so from blogging and well honestly - almost totally unplugging from the digital world. It has been a great time off, with some much needed rest and time invested in some folks. I have to say that I could not, my family could not, have done and went through what we had to do without the love, prayers and support from so many. We love you all and give our heavenly father all the praise and glory for this as our faith was tested the last few weeks - hope was never lost and by everyone stepping forward and helping with whatever they could to help find Kate and support our family .... Special thanks to Tony Beaver who took time off away from his life and family to go and find Kate at the beach with Carol. I want to thank Bob for driving 2000+ miles in 2 days to be with his daughter and go and drop her at a place where she is now safe. I want to thank the Barbara and Madison for stepping forward and helping me at home with keeping me focused with phone calls, txt messages, facebook posts and WBTV interviews and followups. I want to thank Donna, Morgan and Taylor for coming to stay with Kyle when we were at the beach. I want to thank Pastors Jimmy, Travis and Donnie for their personal prayers as well as leading our church family in prayers. Their personal phone calls meant so much to me and my family during this time. I want to thank our Rock Group for their support, prayers and love and all the students in the flood who reached out to help, pray and worry about Kate. I especially want to thank a few of those students who called me to pray with me and even be at a different worry level for the Batemans during this time.
I dont have words to express the emotions of a lost child and with every phone call brings a skip in the heart, knowing that the news on the other end may not be good. Through all this God is still in control and still has a story to write in each of our lives. With thousands of teens at the beach - finding Kate was a needle in the haystack. God is not done with her story..... Praise God!!
I know Carol this was a tough week for you and the weeks to follow will hopefully bring peace and a comfort knowing we still have Kate and that she is getting the help she needs. Your love for her is amazing and I just wish all kids had this kind of love from someone. Kyle you held it together during all this buddy. You were meant to lead and you showed it that week. You stepped up when you had to and even though you were sad that you didn't get to see Kate before she left - Your influence is not going unnoticed by her. She has written you already from her base camp and you should hold your head up high buddy ... You are leading people all around you in all you do. People want to be around you and take notice who is sticking... they need a light that you shine. So proud of you.
I look forward to getting back to "thewalk" and sharing my journey. I am at work the next week and then some more time off with my family and extended families. I am blessed beyond anything I can comprehend even during this tough mountain we had to climb. Thankful we have so many to help us along that journey.
Joy and peace in your hearts today,
Lonnie

No comments: