Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday - its been a good day so far. Oddly enough I have had like 3 people walk up to me, whom I have never seen before I dont recall, but say hey! Good morning or hello with a big smile on their face like we are peeps and havent seen each other in a few months. Odd, but ok! I can deal with that in a odd kind of way. Maybe its a reflection I am giving off - I would like to think that :) - showing Christ and joy on my face as it reflects my heart.
Elevation Church was amazing yesterday. We had a small group yesterday as it was just Me Carol Kyle and Danielle. Thats all good and I felt a special need with us yesterday to really bring some things on our heart to Christ. I know I did! I even got to elbow Carol twice as Pastor Steven was teaching us through Matthew 11:1-11 and the song jammed "Without you I am nothing".
Gosh its awesome knowing that Pastor Steven unpacked this scripture and shared with us that God is speaking but sometimes he may not be speaking directly to us. He is speaking behind our backs on our behalf. He is speaking to others about each of us and isnt that so much better than the people speaking about us behind our backs? I guess we all have seasons of time where that happens. I have felt those stabs and remarks - they leave an imprint on us at times because words are very hurtful but knowing that God is talking about us behind our backs - gosh that makes it SOOOOOO much easier to drown out the noise and gossip of others. I really needed that message yesterday and Pastor Steven asked if anyone was picking up what he was laying down and hands flew up everywhere. Its good to know I am not alone in this battle.

2 Corinthians 4:7- If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. Thats to prevent anyone from confusing Gods incomparable power with us. As it is, theres not much chance of that. You know for yourselves that we're not much to look at. We've been surrounded and battered bu troubles, but we're not demoralized; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we've been spiritually terrorized, but God hasnt left our side; we've been thrown down, but we havent broken. What they did to Jesus, they do to us - trial and torture, mockery and murder; what Jesus did among them, he does in us - he lives! Our lives are at constant risk for Jesus' sake, which makes Jesus' life all the more evident in us. While we're going through the worst, you're getting in on the best!

This just affirms again for me, where I am today, in this season of time - I am doing better than I think I am. You are doing better than you think you are. Thoguh it may be different that the past, what you were doing, how you were serving others - for now, you are doing what God has asked you to do and even though that may be less, different, unsure if you are making an impact or any difference at all - YOU are doing better than you think you are!!
I am not sure what to do but God knows what to do. Been spiritually terrorized in the past but God has not left my side. I know that, experiencing that today and I know with all my heart he has been there the entire time. How can I not?
I am not much to look at but at the end of the day my prayers continues: When the world looks at me at the end of the day, may they agree that my heart looks like your heart Lord.

God has his ways to affirm us, to encourage us, to focus us, to push us forward and to lead us. For the first time in a long time - I truly feel that intimate relationship.
Praise Jesus for the place he has placed me and in the church at Elevation under some incredible followers, teachers, living by example, sold out worshipping people of all ages and walks of life....gosh - Without You Lord, I am nothing.

Lonnie~

No comments: