Thursday, October 6, 2011

I had a post yesterday but it seems to have not published for some google reason - maybe since the passing of Steve Jobs and this not being Apple related had something small to do with that. I dont know but I do know that Steve Jobs will be missed at Apple and to all who looked up to his wisdom in leadership and great inventive ideas. A true pioneer in todays times. Change the world, well I wouldnt go that far but yes a brilliant man for sure.

I have a lot going on and many things to be excited about. A few things to share, I am waiting to here back from my church, Elevation Church about a new role for me. One that I am familiar with but new at our new home church. I am especially excited to hear back - I think the interview and application process went well. I am excited to get started and get back to doing life with the students that God places in my life. In many ways even today I am doing that but it has only been with my close peeps and not so much the way it was being the lives of 50-60 students. BUT with this new role and new way of leading and investing comes new blessings, different blessings and ones that I am eagerly begging God for - not only for me but also for them.
I have my mens Bible study tonight and I am especially excited to be going back and I am a little fired up about it as I learn and have the ability now to lean on some God seeking men. GOd new the timing of this to be perfect and I am just thankful for it to finally happen after a year of praying for this.
Last night me Morgan, Taylor, Marissa and Ariel met at Zaxbys and put together bead necklaces for the kiddos this coming Sunday at the Center of Hope. I am especially excited to see them and serve them a meal but also to invest in each of them with smiles, hugs, high fives and a little gift that they can cling onto. It reminds me a little of Jamaica and even though sending money to places and to people for a purpose has its place and is very well received, I think sometimes going and being there is where that real change happens in our lives. Not only do we get to serve, to give our hearts and shed our tears for others, they also receive all those things as well. Its a win win when you step out in faith and get out of your comfort zone so that God can use you. I am seeing the smiles already and cant wait.
I am still reading each day Hebrews 12 and unlike some others who are memorizing this entire chapter - I am not good at that at all! But I will continue to read it each day and let the words speak into my life. Hebrews 3: shares with us: Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will no grow weary and lose heart.

I have been working now at my job for 15 years. Hard to believe that much time has passed and gosh I have been working here since before Kyle was born. It was a nice lunch they had for all the employees who have worked and passed such milestones and I still love my job, the place and community where I work. Its a long investement 15 years and one that I can honestly say that each day I have not given my best, focused like I should have, felt like coming in but kept going - kept showing up - learned new things - pressed on to the next week ... you will have good days and some bad days. People will get under your skin and people who you will love because they are awesome to be around! Your faith is much the same. There are seasons of dry time. There are seasons where God seems silent even in your struggles. There are times where God has you fired up and he seems to show up everywhere you are - in the people around you, the ones you meet at school, in the Lowes Foods line - God is working in that marriage or in your friends trying to get pregnant. These are the seasons in our lives.
There are also times where some really tough things happen. A loss of loved one. A job that got lost. A church that shut its doors on you. People walking out of your life.
These are things we must endure in life. They say if it doesnt kill you, it will make you stronger. I believe that your faith is much the same way. You have to work it, it has to be tested, it has to be exercised ....
The season my family and I are just passing over has been a tough one but now that we are moving onto the other side - we wonder why we stayed so long. We ask ourselves really? Was it always like that? Why couldnt we see what others were telling us and what they were saying, why didnt we listen?
Look at the place now. I have a buddy of mine who has been through a few tough seasons in his life. He has accepted the fact that all this time now he has been running from God. Things in his life now are where they need to be in order for him to be bold and GO. Moving to another state is a big deal when you have lived your entire life in one place. He is going alone, he is going without a guarantee and he is stepping out of his comfort zone. He is scared, he is nervous, he is counting the days down in excitement but also in I CANT BELIEVE THIS! kinda fear.
I am proud of him for this big step and I know because i have been there too, once he out on his faith steps, once he gets going - God is going to blast his heart and face off. His eyes will see differently, his heart will have a difference to it - maybe through giving, through compassion for others, maybe through serving -maybe through forgiveness .... its a new persective - a new thing.
Many of us need that new thing to energize us to the next place, the next level, that next new understanding.
God works that way and when we do things like this - others will have things to say. There will be trash talking, back stabbing, doubters etc.... there will be people who walk away and walk out in your life. It will seem as though at times nothing is right and everything is wrong. There will come this season and you will doubt why and how. This is the part of Hebrews 3 that says SO that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Yes things are different, new things, new people, new processes etc..... Keep the faith. Keep marching forward. Dont quit now.
Hebrews 12:4 in your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
You are not dead and so, God still has plans for you and wants to continue to use you. Press through...... Something new is about to happen. A change is about to take place.
As the seasons change, so does our faith seasons.
Question today - do you know which faith season you are in today? Are you down, bored, feeling like faith is for someone else or God is just not answering and you are weary like never before? Are you on fire for God today and you are at a place where - I am the church! This is awesome! There doesnt seem to be anything that would stop me for Jesus!!!

Either way, change is coming. Are you ready for it? better question would be, are you willing?
God is not nervous. He already knows what is ahead. Do you really trust in that? Do you believe that the best is ahead of you no matter where your faith is today?
There is a lot in 15 years looking back at my career where I work but I am excited for the 15 ahead of me. I have learned a lot in the years looking back in my faith journey but I am excited about whats ahead.
As the song goes, there may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning.
Press on loved ones.... press through and never lose sight that God is in control and is willing to meet you in the next moments ahead. Just meet him there........

Lonnie~

No comments: