Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I have been quietly writing in my journal the last few days, extra reading and extra study time. I have not forgot about "thewalk" so just in case you are wondering. This past weekend was good with last few days of a great week with Kate in town. Our home is just not the same and is just not complete without her there. Hopefully in the coming weeks that may actually change. Only God knows that right now so I am leaving it with him, so I am not to worry about what I cant control in the process. Its all in his timing anyways!
I had a great coffee with two of my close buds last night. SO enjoyed speaking with them and giving them encouragement. Both are on a journey that they have been fussing over for some time now. New jobs, new locations, different visions and knowing that God is doing something amazing in them now and setting them up for something even bigger is just exciting to see. Both sat with smiles on their face as they revealed their hearts in all that God is doing. We sat and spoke about that timing and when the opportunity raises itself, do we really have the courage to step forward and trusting God when it actually does happen. The world telling us to hurry up, get on with it and knowing that God is saying, I am not done yet,,,, a little longer, I have something better in mind. Just hang in there a little while longer because I have something amazing to show you. The blessing will be that much bigger!!
I can so related to the places they are in as I too have felt this even though some pain took place to get here. I was speaking to a student yesterday and was referred to as an "Elevator" - which meaning a member of the church my family is at now and I smiled when she called me that. YES I can finally say I am an "Elevator" from Elevation Church! This past weekend on Saturday night we got some folks together and headed to church. What a great experience with Pastor Craig teaching us from LifeChurch.tv. I have admired Pastor Craig for years, have studied his teaching, he has led our LifeGroup for the past 3 or so years and we are so blessed to be under one of todays greatest leaders and teachers of the Bible. I love how Pastor Steven and Pastor Craig have a close relationship and together are on the same page to share Gods word even further than our 2 churches. Amazing at the vision they share for reaching people far from God. I loved every moment Sunday - along with 2 of my kids who have been with me for a number of years but needing a change in their own life. They called me Saturday to see if they could go to church with us and we have been speaking about rededicating their life to Jesus, baptism and going each week with us. Amazing things are beginning to happen and I love when a student, anyone for that matter, crosses over and takes it all in and is serious about their faith! Gosh its a transformation that takes place and I love being on the front lines there and to be a part of their walk. Gives me goose bumps as I type this.
How can we not be bold when we believe in something so much!?!?!

I will end todays post with just some encouragement from Hebrews 3 - if you are in a tough place today, maybe doubting what God has called you to do, maybe hit a little road block, maybe gossip has you down, maybe discouraging people are in your life and they are bringing poison to your well .... read the entire chapter of Hebrews 3 loved ones. Here is a little bit to get you started. Hope this helps someone today.

Hebrews 3:12 - See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today", so that none of you may be hardened by sins deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold firmly till the end our original conviction. As has just been said, Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.

For some of us today, we need to encourage one another. It may only be a little and it may be all that we need. Call someone today, send them a text, Facebook them - do it now and keep your heart soft so that God can work in your heart in a deeper and more impactful way.

Peace,
Lonnie~

No comments: