Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My first day of winter break and off work for 2009 was spent serving others at the Christmas Center with a good handful of "MyKids". It was a great day serving the families that we have spent hours reaching out to with the Angel Tree program over the last few years and it was such a blessing at the end of the day just being tired from running all day. A fun time after for lunch at sky in the pie pizza in uptown Charlotte and some fun smiles shared after exploring uptown ... not too often we get up there. Last night we got to spend some time as some of our family came together to share in Kates Christmas. It was new for her as she has never done anything like that in sharing gifts and all ... it was a night full of smiles and laughs for sure. Blessings are starting to come and I am so thankful for that.... it has been a long road of trying, prayer and example but things are coming together.
Last night one of "MyKids" shared with me Deuteronomy 15:10 in the way of a Bible book mark and it read : 10 Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.
On it reads - "You serve the Lord OUR God so Faithfully" - she read this to me and it brought tears to my eyes because this came from the heart and this is what she thinks of me. I don't even have words to express that ... other than completely being humble. I am so blessed to be doing life with such awesome young people who God has put in my care and I take this role so dear to me. Those words mean speak volumes .........

I wanted to share this evening a song that I looked over my Ipod the last few months and sorted by how many times I have played. I was a little surprised but I do know it is one of my favorite songs.... I hope its one of yours: They played this last YCI meeting and I almost had to leave the room. Mom ..... you continue to speak to me and I am so thankful for you. I miss you...

Take time this Christmas to tell someone you love them. Holding back does not produce anything and they just may need to hear those words.

Chris Tomlin : I will Rise
There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"Jesus has overcome And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
[Chorus:]
And I will rise when He calls my name No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees And rise
I will rise
There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light And the shadows disappear And my faith shall be my eyes
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won He is risen from the dead
[Chorus:]
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees And rise I will rise
And I hear the voice of many angels sing,"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

No comments: