Monday, December 21, 2009

1 more day.....

Well, actually a few more hours really and I will be done with work for 2009. It has been a good year, a year that God has grown me and challenged me in many things. God has blessed my family and I and I have felt Him as close as I ever have in my life. I look forward to mywalk in 2010 and the families and students that will come and go in my life. Its exciting for sure serving God and His people - still its hard to believe at times and I feel so unworthy of the capacity that He is using me.
Carol's birthday was yesterday - she has finally caught up to me in years even though she looks a LOT younger than I do. Good plug huh? Hey its been awhile since I saved up some brownie points... I am usually driving her crazy and I admit at times, I don't spend enough time with her with everything that is going on. Life does have its busy and needy moments thats for sure but I try to manage and handle it all and I know that the things in my life are from God. The families we are doing life with and the young people I am doing life with are not here by accident and they have meaning, purpose and are all part of Gods plan to not only shape them but also to shape me. They show me Jesus as much as I show them Jesus... maybe even more so on their part! We had a small birthday party for her last night and totally surprised her even though she made a few announcements that she has never been surprised... I just have to shake my head because I have got her a LOT over the years...... LOL - anyways, lots of good smiles, kids got to hang out together and it was fun time.

Tomorrow- Kyle, Morgan and I -not sure who else is going - are headed to the Salvation Army to help with Distribution day. Its a day where the families come - 200 an hour- and sign in, get in line to get their gifts and stocking stuffers and then a chance to spin the big wheel to win a bike. It is a day that last year was hard for me to hold back the emotions because these families need help and experience a blessing of Christmas and having the chance for their children to have a present to open is just amazing. I got to walk and talk with a 3 families last year in my short stay there.... and get to know them a little as we walked through the line, getting the gifts and then out to their vehicles.... it is something to share for sure. I am really pumped about this and look forward to talking with Kyle and Morgan and who ever else.... at lunch about it. We will then head uptown Charlotte and see the Christmas tree and what ever else the afternoon brings.

I wanted to share Psalm 119 today ... it is a LONG piece of scripture but I wanted to share a small part of it. It really spoke to me this morning ...
Psalm 119:105
105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

Lord as this year begins to wind down, the gifts are all under the tree and we come together to celebrate You for Christmas - may you guide us Lord with your light in the paths that we need to be on in this life. If our paths are off today Lord in our walk ... help us get back to where we need to be. Surround us with the people that can guide us, that have our best interests at heart and I pray Lord that those that are with us, our families and dear friends, that they too will walk in Your light. Together we can make an impact and not feel isolated and alone - especially during this season. Help us focus on celebrating LIFE Lord, Your life in us.... we thank You for Your son Jesus its because of Him we have all we need. I pray all this in Jesus name,
Amen

Lonnie~

No comments: