Thursday, December 10, 2009

12 years ago today .....




























I can remember wondering what am I in for as I look back 12 years ago today. Kyle you were planned to be delivered by c-section and that was ok with your mom and me. It was how I was most comfortable. In a few hours your mom and I left for the hospital and our lives were forever changed. Yes I should be sleeping now. Not exactly sure why I can't - especially the last few days but I also had this on my heart to share. 12 years old, middle school student, believer in Jesus Christ and owning your faith, funny man who is always wanting laughs from everyone around you, concerned about everyone and everything - you have so much of your grandma's in you and so much of you momma in you. It has been amazing to watch you grow into the young man that you are today. You have your silly moments for sure as we all do but a good laugh and smile is nothing to not let happen when life is so short and people are so full of drama and being something they are not these days just trying to fit into a certain circle or impress someone. You are genuine man and I am proud of you for that. You OWN your faith and your walk with Jesus in your life is going to be an amazing road for sure. As your earthly dad, I know I have and will continue to let you down but I do love you with all my heart and there is nothing I would not do for you. You are contagious to all those around you - that is why people want to hang with you. Its that smile and funny sense of humor that you have. Shaving cream on Madisons hand a few weeks ago is just that kind of fun that comes out of you.


The other day when we had some time at the gym and then got a bite to eat together - I asked you what you wanted for your birthday. You looked over at me with one of your smiles and I could see you had something on your heart to share - Dad's can tell when something is heavy on their childrens heart.... you told me that you wanted to have a small party but instead of getting gifts - you wanted your friends to give you gift cards so that you could give to a local family that is going through a hard time lately... give so that their children will have a Christmas. Those are things that 12 years old dont do - when they do - they are for sure something special. You get helping and serving people bud. I am so proud of the fact that it has happened early in your life. You understand giving back and serving God with your compassion for others. God is doing amazing things in you Kyle - He has walked close with you over your 12 years with heartbreak with losing both grandma's and a grandpa. Your foundation is for sure rock solid in Gods hands.


The pictures above are just a few of the SO many of the peeps you are doing life with. Great friends who have your back and you have theirs. That is an awesome place to be as you shine your light dear one to illuminate Gods love and grace to the dark areas of your world. This year at school has been a tough one starting out. Not many friends being in a new school and middle school being that age group where so many are making mistakes as they discover themselves, make new friends and begin to understand responsibility and some other big huge things that this life is going to test you on. I pray that you continue to faithful and trusting in God, that you continue to keep a close tight group of friends and that you never lose sight of who you are. You are God child before you are mine. I am so proud of you buddy.... I am already praying for your wife and your future ... you may already know her now or you may not but regardless - God is at the center of your life


IT SHOWS. May God grant me 50 more years to be your earthly dad. If I am proud - imagine how much God is proud of you.


I love you with all my heart son ..... everything I have in me and all I have is yours.


Happy Birthday bud.....


Daddy~










No comments: