Monday, April 8, 2013

Had a pretty busy weekend, as the weather was finally nice and had a chance to work in the yard. So far behind on some things and at times when I step back and look at everything in the big picture, its easy for me to get overwhelmed. Kyle and I had a good work day, removing pond, bushes, cutting and splitting firewood and getting grass cut and pool opened.

Yesterday was a good day as my family and I got the chance to visit a local church that has opened. Their first official launch was Easter Sunday and God blew the doors off this place with standing room only and I would have to say, a very successful launch. I am very excited that High Rock Church is here in our community. 15 years of looking at a building with a couple tenants and mostly empty for the past few years, I often asked and spoke to God about that location and how a church would be amazing there right on the main road of our small town of Harrisburg. God had plans for this location and I am so very thankful that Pastor Robbie and I have hooked up, teamed up, and share so much in common. Its going to be an exciting journey as people who don't know God will come to know Him because of the vision that this church has and Pastor Robbie and his staff and volunteers have to reach people. Service was packed yesterday, greeting was welcoming, band was on point and even 3rd worship song in was Elevation Church - I think they put that in there for me :) - and Pastor Robbie spoke a good word from Matthew 7 that talks about accountability and loving others by not calling them out and judging them because they are different. We need to not call people out because they dont believe or act the same way we do because they may not know Christ and we do, so how can they act and speak and do the things we do. They dont know Christ yet. So by humbling ourselves it leads to healing. It leads to a gentle heart and common ground so that through being humble, we can reach out and walk with those we are called to love.  Judging leads to judgement. A great 2 service High Rock! I look forward to serving the kingdom with ya'll in whatever roll that may be.

After church Carol and I hit the gym, had a good workout which was long overdue. Need to find time to make that happen more often. Its good for the heart, soul and mind - especially for me. I just feel better when I can tear it up in the gym. A little work in the yard, dinner and then Elevation Church last night. Pastor Steven brought an amazing word from God as we started our new series - "Gods Will Whatever". I have to say that I dont know how Pastor brings such good word to us every single week. It completely blows me away at times and this week was not any different. A Easter message where Pastor spoke to over 26000 people and he comes right back the next week with an amazing word as we dug in to figure out "What is Gods will for our life". A couple key points being:
~ We cannot do Gods will until we understand Gods will.
~ Gods will is through Works - we either get on board with him or we get steamrolled.
~Gods will is not the most undesirable option. Its not us picking his choice because its the one we think will suck the most and we just do it because.
~When we walk in Gods ways, we are in Gods will.

Collosians 3:17 - And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

Here is where it really took a hold of me last night. I mean it really shook my core and its not anything I didnt already know but I am here to tell you it really SPOKE in me. Gods will for our lives as Pastor taught, is to do WHATEVER - being a student, work at a university, stay at home mom, work in the library, a doctor, work at the bank, a coach, a teacher, play sports, dance, sing, a fireman or a policeman - WHATEVER - you do, do it all in the name of the Lord. I get asked so often, especially being around students either in college or in high school. Mr Lonnie what is Gods will for my life? What am I to do? Do I want to be a teacher? Should I go out with this guy or gal? We are talking marriage but I am unsure. Those are all great decisions and yes, they need prayer, concentration and focus to make good wise choices. But WHATEVER you do - honor God in doing them. Take Christ with you wherever you go. 
Its not that important which college you go to but it matter more WHO you are when you do go. His will is in the present not the future. Its right now! Are you in Gods will in your situation, relationships, struggles, at school or in your job? Gods will isnt about who you are going to be because you are not there yet. Gods will is in the NOW so he can create who you are to BECOME.

God has placed you in the moment right now, not wishing you were doing something else, or what you could do or what someone else says you should be doing. 
That really hit me hard. As I posted on Facebook last night, as I couldnt hold this in any longer. People ask me from time to time. Why are you working there? You should be on staff at a church somewhere. You should be leading mission teams, leading a student ministry, you are so good with people. Yes, I have asked myself those same questions. I have a job leading a student ministry from my long time friend and pastor - (Travis) I just have to move to Maine. I love what I do. I love the people in my life that God has placed around me. I love loving on the families and the students while pointing them to Jesus. I love encouraging and serving others and leading people to do the same, to serve along side of me. Its a passion I am so passionate about. 
Last week I got invited to speak at the Salvation Army Center of Hope, which is a women and children homeless facility in Charlotte NC for their volunteer luncheon. I was a little nervous as I have not spoken in front of a crowd that large in some time. I didnt have any notes but just wanted to share my heart about my volunteer time there. I got started a little tough but my heart poured open and I think I landed it pretty well. I got to meet a lot of folks with the same desire to invest in others. To see people regain hope and get back on their feet while being shown and reminded that people care about them and love them. Its such an honor being the hands and feet of Jesus to those who need not a hand out but just a hand up.

If we really sink in and examine the WHY - we do things, serve, work, preach, study, etc... God will work it all out right. We will be in Gods will because we will understand WHY its Gods will. Its a motive before its an action. Far too often as Pastor explained, we wait around looking for the burning bush instead of just being WHO God has called us to be. 

Be WHO God has called you to be. The where will work it out. 
2 Samuel 22:31 - “God’s way is perfect " All the Lord’s promises prove true.
Romans 8:28 -"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." 

God will take your entire life, the good, the bad, the ugly, the pretty and use it for his purposes. You are never too far from God that He cant use you. Your story, your testimony, is the account in your life of what God has done to those who dont know Him. God will and can use everyone's story. Your story matters. 

So today - go and do your day - student at school, gym teacher, professor, on the wrestling mat, in your studies, in your relationships - WHATEVER.

You are Gods representative and just maybe, the only Bible some will see today. 

Thanks for an amazing day yesterday Lord as you spoke directly to my heart through High Rock and Elevation church. Praying I bring you praise, honor and glory as I go about my day sharing what You are teaching me for my life. Amen,

Peace today,
Lonnie~  

No comments: