Friday, April 26, 2013

This has been a busy week but a week that has been most amazing. On Tuesday, me and a few of my students from Wed night youth group went to see the Passion Tour in uptown Charlotte. The Passion Tour is a group of musicians and bands that come together and tour the world to share, worship and praise our God and to send a message into the world to end world slavery. This movement is really gaining steam and laws are being passed each day to help the victims in the sex slave markets around our world. 27 million are forced in slavery, more than any other time in the history of the world and this all started because of one heart that broke and God ignited a fire in Christine Cain and she boldly took it to the world. So as these bands and musicians tour, they are spreading the love of Jesus and I want to tell you, what a concert - well not a concert really but a worship experience it was. Nothing like singing and praising our God with a few hundred folks in this small beautiful 150 year old church. Seeing Anna, Morgan, Maddison singing and raising their hands and smiling for 2 hours is well worth the $20 ticket. For them, their first Christian artist concert and one they will always remember. See these gals are leaders in their generation. They are in key club, they lead at church and in their youth group, they study hard and are wonderful young women. I love making and putting together opportunities for them to grow, to experience and have a chance to be involved in these kinds of things because it stretches us, it grows us, it gets us out of our comfort zones sometimes and that is exactly where God can use us. 
Meeting Kristian after the worship experience was awesome. Such a humbled and gentle spirit he has. He welcomed us in gave us a hug and a handshake and I thanked him for the workout session. He laughed and I said PassionP90X and it was awesome! Maddison said ever so quietly before we were next, - "I wonder if he knows he will be my husband?" - it was really funny and we all shared a good laugh.

When we can imprint amazing moments like this into our lives and into the lives of others, it has a lasting affect. Its like a fingerprint - it leaves a mark. These gals went home and shared their experience with their families. They shared with their classmates. They became contagious as they shared with others. The cost of this - Priceless. I just cant put a value on something with this much meaning. 

All I want, is by the end of the day, that my heart looks like His heart. I want to have the same things breaking me that are breaking Gods heart. I want to be able to honestly stand with my hands open and beg God to use me - WHATEVER - way he has willed me to do. 

Wednesday I put together a movie night to see the movie Home Run. I invited just about everyone I have contact info for as everyone was invited. Had a good turn out and the theater was pretty much ours and enjoyed a great movie with a powerful message to it. Pastor Tim, who has become such a great friend and brother in Christ this past year was very excited and happy that so many in his church came to see the movie and to hear the message of 2nd chances, that God loves us too much to leave us where we are and forgiveness.

As I wrap up this post, I just walked in from having lunch with my 5th graders. I got to share lunch with 3 different classes today as many sat with Lauren, Taylon and myself. Its such an amazing time being in their environment. All year the friendships grow and smiles and laughs and sharing comes more easily. Today, I found out one of my kids moved. Gone. Just like that. I was really making some leaps with him as he often pulled me aside and opened up. Sharing something about home or something funny. If a child is bold enough to ask me "Why do I come in and have lunch every week when i am not Taylons or Laurens dad?" - He is really thinking about things. Its awesome when they ask and I am not just telling them why I am there. They really seem to get the WHY then. As he finishes up 5th grade in the next few weeks, he will have a fresh start in middle school. I know he will rise to the occasion and flourish.

I will close with Psalm 116:1-2 as I read through my Bible plan in a year through LifeChurch.tv - "I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live."

Gods peace and favor,
Lonnie~

No comments: