Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Well we are down to the last match of the wrestling season next Monday. Kyle went 1-1 the last 2 days, partly because he was weak and probably somewhat dehydrated on Monday. The kid was good so I wont take anything away from that. Last night my dad and step mom came down to spend some time with us, sit and talk and attend the match. It was a long overdue GREAT visit! In many ways they got to see how the Batemans roll with a house full, picking up peeps for the match, bringing peeps home, hanging with the peeps at the match and even during the parent meeting afterwards. Its just a small window to all that goes on in the BatCave.

Tonight, after Kyle and I hit the gym we are going to hang with Morgan and Taylor. Looking forward to that time. Its been a few weeks really since having a chance to have some time with them. We will be full of smiles hopefully and putting treats together for the Center of Hope kids for Sunday. I know time will fly by :(

I have had a passage the last few days that has just camped out in my heart and it has me thinking more deeply than I have in the past. I am not complaining at all as I seek God all the wisdom that I can understand and handle. Which probably isnt much :) - but hey atleast I'm seeking and focused. Thats a great place to be.
As trials and struggles happen in life and as I look back not too far in my own struggles and things that have happened over the past few months or even back 2 years during the time Kate was first with us. I am reminded about Job. His trials and testing were incredible that God let happen to him and as he continued to cry out, he was never in anger to God for all his suffering. He endured pain, loss, physical sickness, loss of wealth and early riches and his entire family. He has his church friends come and spend time with him doing the best they knew how to do even after not speaking a word to him for days because they didnt know what to say. In Job 42 Job responds to the Lord as it is recorded for us to learn.
Job 42:1 - The Job replied to the Lord. I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance? It is I - and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them. I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.

This is Jobs prayer. This is Job coming before our Lord on his face, praying with all his heart. This is Job who lost everything important and treasured to him in this life speaking to Christ in the most humbling of ways. This is a beautiful picture painted for us. I am just blown away by this prayer and his heart because I know if that was me, losing everything and everyone in my life that I love deeply, losing my personal stuff, and basically everything including my health. I really dont know how I would be. Like you, I would probably be crying out, bitter, angry, blaming ...I just dont know. But Job turned from those things and looked into the heart and into the eyes of Christ and placed himself in His full hands.
Gosh thats awesome.
As I have had on me the last few days about "Unconditional Love" - I see this painted perfectly in this prayer. As I look at my kids there is that unconditional love. I love them regardless if they mess up or do something amazing in this world. No matter what they do, I will love them that way. Only a parent knows that deep love and Christ gives us that perfect example. Its not about what you do for me or the perfomance but its in the position. You are my son or daughter and that position is all you need to have unconditional love. God's example for us.
So as I put Job in that Unconditional Love place his prayers mean even that much more! What would it be like to be a true man of prayer.
What does it look like to lose everything and still have a heart to pray with everything in you? Our prayers arent going to impress God in any way. He knows us better than we know ourselves. All he is seeking is your full heart no matter where or what condition it may be in today. He wants to hear it all. He wants us to say the words that come from those deep heart places. Guys are especially tough at this, sharing feelings, understanding things that are spiritually deep mostly and speaking to them. Exclamations of joy or the tears that come from the broken places in our lives over the years. He wants to hear them all.
It all starts with a conversation. Sharing what you feel, the pain and hurt, and the desire and need as well as the needs and concerns of others. A true man of prayer simply and sincerely bows down before God and pours it out. While this is not always easy, convenient, the most natural (especially for guys) it is exactly what God is looking for.
A true man of prayer, I want to be that. I want to learn how to do that. I want to be around other people, other guys that are striving to be that. I want to be that example to others. I want to be able to share my heart, distraction free and sometimes easy to pour my heart out to our heavenly Father.
He will gladly hear and answer these simple and sincere thoughts and shared feelings. As he told Job in 42: 12 - So the Lord blessed Job in the second half of his life even more than in the beginning.
I want that! I want my second half of my life now that I am 44 years old to be better than the first half. How about you? Dont you want that as well? Even if you are 12 today? Job went on to be blessed with sons and daughters, wealth beyond what he had before and lived another 140 years to see 4 generations of family. God blessed Job because he never cursed him, endured the pain and suffering and cried out with a pure seeking man of prayer heart.

Lord help me be the kind of prayer man you want me to be and create in me a pure heart for the things of you. Your will Lord over anything of mine.
Amen

Hope you too are seeking to have a prayer heart loved ones.
Lonnie~

No comments: