Monday, December 12, 2011



I started my day this morning in Proverbs 3:3 Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you!

What a great way to start the day and the week ahead. Kyle has his last wresting match this afternoon for the season. It has been a lot of fun, a lot of nerves, and full of excitement. I will miss seeing the parents that we have gotten to know this year as well as all the boys and those special moments giving them encouragment and helping drive them with focus. Coach has been such a huge blessing to us and especially to Kyle. We all need a little of that passion with some things in life because that level of passion is contagious.

As I look at this picture I posted on this post, Kate took from the airplane window as we were coming back from our mission trip to Jamaica this past June. I think about the people that live in our city and the surrounding area. Times today are hard for so many and even yesterday a room FULL of women and children being served a meal at the homeless shelter through the Center of Hope. My good friend Sherry got her peeps together from UC Fellowship church and collected 9 good size bags of clothes to give out. We are really not supposed to do those things but we do anyways because it brings a great smile to many who just need it. Morgan, Taylor and I sat for a few hours last week and put together candy canes and hershey kisses to give to the kids. It was such a blessing serving them and as our LifeGroup got together last night for our Christmas party/meal - I spoke in closing about serving. Our families serve each other well and looking ahead to the coming year - I really am praying hard for a great year together, growing in our faith, holding each of accountable, investing into our children together, being faithful in the small things, serving our community together. That is one major thing I love about our church - Elevation Church - they serve the community well. They serve and give back thousands of volunteer hours serving those in need in our city and beyond. They have a vision to reach those in Uganda and in many other areas through our global extension sights. We are reaching far and reaching wide for the Kingdom of God.

I have had open in my Bible here at work for a week now a passage that comes from the book of Luke -19:38-

"Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!" "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep keep quiet, the stones will cry out." As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace - but now it is hidden from your eyes. The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of Gods coming to you."

When ever I read that, Jesus wept, it just sits me down to pause and really think about what that must have looked liked. Here our King, weeping over what breaks his heart. The word wept is such a visual word for me because it doesnt say, cried - but wept - I really think that word was chosen because its tears that come from the heart. They are tears from deep within. I know sometimes I get emotional and tears come, that happens at church sometimes, well - honestly, the last 2 sundays as Pastor Steven has really hit home for me. But it happens. I went years with shedding very little tears until my mom passed. Deep within tears, feelings and emotions and passion come to the surface often now because of that season. I think about Jesus standing there on the hill looking over Jerusalem and then kneeling down to weep for the lost there. If only they would see, if only they would realize, if only they would accept the invitation. If only they would come to terms with all that I am revealing to them.

I love imagining that because I know how much He loves us. Each of us. He would have came for a single person but instead he came for all. Nobody left behind, nobody left untouched, nobody left from His grace.

I am praying, that next year will be even a more amazing year than this one. Though a season of transition has passed and now fully focused on the vision of our church and all that is pouring from it. May we never get tired of doing what is right and may we each have a vision, a hurt, an ache from the heart and weep for our fellow neighbors.

Together we can accomplish much!

Lonnie~


No comments: