Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Midweek already! Gosh this week is going fast, weather is warm but not too warm for this time of year. Loving the NC sunshine and thinking of my buddies in Maine fighting the cold and the snow.
I wanted to share just a quick post today. Nothing too deep but yet to the point. Point being something I am trying not to do the last few days as I work through my heart and in my life of making a DIFFERENCE instead of just making a POINT.

So many need that difference.... not needing a point - a point of a finger, a calling out, or stating the obvious. They mostly already know what they are doing...but what we most often need is words spoken to us in a gentle, caring and loving way that will eventually at some point MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Colossians 4:5-6 - Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

I have been getting a lot of practice with this as I speak into the lives of the students taking final exams this week. Praying with them and texting them little bits of encouragement. I am practicing this at the wrestling practices and the matches.... giving some enouragement, focus and YOU can do it!
As a follower of Christ, we need to make the most of being compassionate and generous that we can be - that is a great example of being a Christian.
Love people the way Jesus loved people.
Thats it :)

Make your point by making a difference. I can do that.... how about you?
It just may change your entire day :)
Lonnie~

No comments: