Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Productivity without passion.

Imagine a marriage just going through the motions. Imagine life just going through the motions. Imagine a Pro football player - going through the motions. Imagine your walk with Christ, just going through the motions.

There is no interest really to strengthen, to improve, to do better, or to walk closer.
As a dad I cant imagine leading my family and loving them without passion. They are dear to my heart and mean everything to me. But yet so many fathers, say those words but dont show those words. A father dutifully earns a living at a job to pay the bills, take care of the house, keeps the lawn cut, cleans the cars and sees that his family has clothing or other earthly needs being met. He has lost tenderness and his passion for his wife and the mother of his children. He finds himself on the internet looking for things he shouldn't, pouring himself into the local watering hole in town and he only speaks to his family when he has to.
For many, these dads have lost the vision that God had for them. Its not that God lost the vision - they have. They have forgotten how to live and the purpose of raising a family and pouring into the next generation. Its their next generation - they are the ones that suffer the most.
It saddens me because that passion or lack there of, is contagious. It affects everyone around them. A son looking to dad to raise him, to lead a family and love his momma - lost because he doesnt have an example. A daughter who looks to dad for guidance, to learn how a man is supposed to treat and love her and a dad who should be someone that they may one day marry because of his charcter, his passion, his love and his tenderness.
Its all sad really because for many - we have lost the vision. We have lost the passion. We turn because its hard and do the easy things in life or just give up and move on.

As I think about next week with Thirst Camp and spending 6 days with teenagers, adult leaders and investing so much in them - I find myself the last few days, especially today just in AWE of God. Still trying to process all that I was so blessed to experience in Jamaica and how God showd up in so many ways, in so many people and in so many situations ... I know this next week will be the same. It will be at a different location being that we are not in Jamaica but at the beach and with a WHOLE bunch more students. I know God is going to wreck some folks. I know He is going to take on and break some hearts. I know God is going to put some tears in some of their faces which might end up on my shirt or on my sleeve. I am excited for this coming week because God will show up and reveal himself to many. As I read through a few things to share for this coming Sunday right before we leave for camp .... I want to really share my heart with those there that God is so much bigger than we think about his sometimes. He is in all things and even the sunrises at the beach next week - he created so much for us to be in AWE. How can we not be in that place and just think, God - you created heaven and earth and here we are - some of us complaining over stupid stuff, all of falling short of what you want for us, we think too highly of ourselves to put others ahead of us - Gosh Lord we have our priorities messed up!!

Last night Carol and I got to serve a meal to a family who lost their dad, their husband, their friend and their leader. A man sold out for Christ and as the family shared, he was all in. 110% full forward - it was how he lived. He never did anything half way. He never not put all he had into whatever he was doing. He lived his life with passion. He lived his life taking care of others and giving his shirt off his back not wanting anything in return. He was respected and placed in a catagory all his own to those who really knew him.
The Apostle Paul shares with us his passion for teaching and sharing Christ. Never lose heart loved ones of doing what is right. Its all that matters in the end. 2 Corinthians 5:17 - if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come.

I am in AWE of Jesus today. I am so excited to be teaching the students this year at camp. Center stage just as Paul longed to do in his heart. Just show people Jesus, share with them what He is all about. When we have the right vision and perspective of God - it changes everything. Its such a humbling place as I prepare what God has laid on my heart to share with them.

Golden opportunity - I am reading Isaiah 6 today and it really is pressing on me - Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty the whole earth is full of his glory.

Do you see that glory today in your life? Do you see all that he has created around you for you to see, to gain perspective, to see how small you really are and how BIG he really is?

Isaiah 6:8 - Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

It reminds me of a song that is out now from Chris Tomlin - I will Follow.
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve, I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you

Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone

In you there's life everlasting
In you there is freedom for my soul
In you theres joy, undending joy
and I will follow


Peace out,
Lonnie~

No comments: